Congrats on taking the first step to improving your indoor air at home. Educating yourself on options is key, and we know you're going to do it anyway!
We believe ourselves to be your local HVAC expert, and the air you breathe is the most important factor in your heating and cooling comfort. So let's talk.
As Customer Care Dealers for American Standard, we have access to the best products available for your home. And there are a lot of products that all work together or independently, to give you a sigh of relief.
- Humidifiers & Whole-Home Dehumidifiers: These products are installed onto your existing duct work, to impact your whole home, not just one room at a time (compared to free standing units, which can be quite dangerous). As the outdoor humidity changes, you need equipment than can adjust accordingly and constantly.
- American Standard follows ASHRAE Studies to design products for ASHRAE's "Comfort Window". For example, they've learned that dust mites only prefer an environment of relative humidity greater than 50%, where as viruses and bacteria can often grow in relative humidity both above and below the optimum zone.
- Having the optimum amount of humidity in your air impacts your health. Too much or too little can lead to an increase of unhealthy airborne particulates.
- These products require minimal maintenance. Humidifier pads are disposable, and easy to replace on occasion.
- Energy Recovery Ventilation (ERV)- the AccuExchange: The indoor environment is optimized when regular and controlled fresh air is introduced to replace stale air. This needs to happen in a more efficient way than just opening a window!
- In winter, heat and moisture are transferred from stale air to fresh incoming air.
- In summer, heat and moisture are removed from stale air, to provide cooled, dehumidified fresh air into the home.
- ERVs combine the outside air and inside air temperatures to achieve a mix that maintains the requested temperature, which is much more sophisticated than an open window.
- ERVs & HRVs help eliminate issues with static (negative) pressure.
- ERVs transfer both heat and moisture, HRVs transfer heat alone.
- Filters are easily removed for vacuum cleaning.
- Whole-Home Air Filtration- the AccuClean: This equipment is available in seven different sizes to match your current heating system, and all of these models remove an incredible 99.8% of allergens from the air!
- This filter is found to be 100 times more effective than the standard 1 inch filter used in most homes.
- The AccuClean has undergone significant 3rd party testing, and has earned an Asthma & Allergy Friendly Certification by the AAFA.
- The patented "Field Charging" process charges incoming particles so they adhere to collection cells.
- Easily cleaned at home a few times a year with a vacuum.
So there you have just a FEW of the amazing products that we have to offer from American Standard. We wanted you to know a little bit about how they work and why you might need them. Humidifiers, dehumidifiers, ERVs, and whole-home air filtration matter. They make a difference.
Call 847-COMFORT or submit a contact form for a no obligation Air Quality Evaluation in your home. Let our Comfort Specialist know that you'd like to learn about Indoor Air accessories, and how you can achieve optimal health at home. Thankfully, you can.
Request an Appointment