You want to know about the damage excess humidity may cause to your home or health? You’ve come to the right place.
- Excess moisture can aggravate allergies and asthma. Warmth and dampness are the breeding grounds for mold and insects.
- Mold can trigger symptoms from nasal stuffiness and skin irritation to fever and shortness of breath.
- Dust mites are a major allergy and asthma trigger, and they thrive in environments with a relative humidity of 50% or higher. Cleaning does not manage or eliminate dust mites.
- High humidity can lead to warping of wood floors, cabinetry doors, crown molding, and other wood products and furniture. Wood is a living, breathing material, and it will always be impacted by humidity.
- Rust can develop on metal products stored in basements or crawl spaces. You can even see rust marks on carpet from the feet of furniture with metal caps or feet.
- Instruments will come out of tune very easily if relative humidity is high.
- Air with too much humidity makes you feel warmer.
- Homeowners often make the mistake in the summer of “overcooling” their homes to control high humidity.
- "Overcooling" expends extra energy without solving the problem.
It's time to consider a whole-home dehumidifier, so the annoying problem that reoccurs each summer season will no longer be a threat to your comfort. Our Aprilaire Dehumidifier can be installed as part of your home’s heating and cooling system to automatically remove the exact right amount of moisture from every room in your house. No guess-work on your part! And rest assured that there are no fire hazards or water hazards that could be a concern with free-standing single-room dehumidifiers that require an outlet or drain and hose. (5.6 Million have been recalled! We have the list.) Who wants to manage that all summer long? You've got better things to do.
Protect your health, the investment of your home, your comfort, and your energy usage with the correct solution. Each and every one of these products is manufactured in the USA and comes with a five year warranty. Ask one of our Comfort Specialists for more information, pricing, and specials. We want you to use the best possible products for your comfort, and we are committed to bringing them to you. No exceptions!