Heating Rebates & Tax Credits in Illinois
Thanks to the Inflation Reduction Act, Northwest Chicagoland homeowners can now unlock savings on home energy upgrades through federal home energy tax credits and rebates. Local utilities also offer rebates for homeowners who purchase and install energy-efficient home improvements and appliances.
If you’ve been waiting to invest in energy-saving home systems, now’s the time to upgrade your heating system and save money. Contact one of Home Comfort’s HVAC specialists today to learn more about reducing your energy bills and potentially saving thousands of dollars on purchasing qualified home products.
Call (847) 824-4336 to learn about the heating rebates and tax credits available to Illinois homeowners.
What Is the Inflation Reduction Act?
The current administration enacted the IRA to tackle climate change and help the U.S. meet its sustainability goals by 2030 and net zero by 2050. It allocates nearly $400 billion in clean energy technologies and other resources to cut greenhouse gas emissions by more than 40% and improve energy efficiency.
Experts say the bill will also create up to 1.5 million jobs nationwide, many of them in Illinois. For instance, the state’s Clean Energy Jobs Act (CEJA) is designed to combat climate change, create equitable jobs, and lower energy bills. The Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity’s new clean energy workforce program will support workers and communities facing plant closures.
Rebates and incentives that cover 50% to 100% of the cost of installing new appliances are available for some:
You can also receive a 30% tax credit for installing solar panels and battery storage systems.
SEER Requirements: A Guide
2023 brought significant changes to HVAC regulations, with residential heating and cooling equipment required to meet new minimum efficiency standards. SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) measures the efficiency of heat pump systems over a typical cooling season. The higher its SEER rating, the more efficient the system is.
They are essential for several reasons:
- Energy efficiency: SEER helps you compare the energy efficiency of different cooling systems so you can choose one that reduces their environmental impact.
- Cost savings: Compared to lower SEER-rated systems, high-rated ones provide utility savings over a system’s lifetime.
- Environmental impact: AC and heat pump systems require significant energy, contributing to greenhouse gas emissions. Higher SEER-rated systems reduce carbon footprints.
- Regulatory compliance: Compliance with local, state, and federal SEER requirements is mandatory in many jurisdictions.
Illinois Homeowner Eligibility & Available HVAC Tax Rebates
Here’s what you need to know about qualifying for Illinois’ federal and state energy efficiency tax credits:
- Tax credits are available for products purchased and installed through December 31, 2032.
- Covered equipment includes heating and cooling equipment, water heaters, heat pumps, and more.
- You can claim 30% of an HVAC project’s cost up to $2,000 for heat pumps and $600 for furnaces, central air conditioners, and boilers.
- All ducted air-source heat pumps with the ENERGY STAR® label are eligible.
- All packaged systems with ENERGY STAR® certification qualify.
Choose Home Comfort for Heating Services
Since 1998, Home Comfort has delivered high-quality HVAC services to homeowners throughout the greater Northwest Chicagoland area. We are the region’s premier source for HVAC installation, repair, and maintenance services and are proud to be the exclusive HVAC partner of the Northwestern University Wildcats!
With our upfront pricing, financing options, and exceptional customer service from skilled, background-checked technicians, you can rely on us for all your HVAC needs.
Why Choose Home Comfort?
Northwest Chicagoland’s Heating & Air Conditioning Experts
- American Standard Customer Care Dealers
- Exclusive HVAC Partner of the Northwestern University Wildcats
- Sponsor local baseball & football leagues & a dance academy
- Part of the Niles Design District
- Upfront pricing & financing option
- Background-checked technicians
- Military, veteran & senior discounts